Wednesday, 19 May 2010

*pagan tableaux*


Now i'm not really someone who's all mad about weddings. Most wedding blogs highly irritate me, except for this tumblr which has proven to be quite intriguing {and where i have sourced these images}. And yet, i'm beginning to see that they're a rather good outlet for creating marvelous tableaux - especially the ones outside. I like that it's all at the mercy of the elements, and no one can really out-style nature herself - not even the efforts below. Twinkling lights and rough tables and chairs - and then the million details that make things truly special. And small. Otherwise i think i'd elope - which to me sounds rather romantic and fun! The other option is to take over a ruined abbey - preferably in the hills overlooking the sea on a warm still evening - and bedeck it in flowers and lights and bunting and a bonfire and wallah! A perfectly pagan wedding. Not that i'm having one of course... but if I did, my bridesmaids would wear pale grey {tease me not alice speak} and hold bunches of yellow and pink flowers.

* A setting for faeries *

4 comments:

  1. I will not tease you as long as I am one of the girls in grey!! It reminds me of when you and Liz nearly J in you P when you saw the lemon meringue next to your grey wall :)
    I love you JVG. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done. It's a deal! I must ask Lizzie for that photo... it really was divine... I love you Miss Speak x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be prepared to J all over your Ps:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/richabetty/4602064239

    ReplyDelete