Saturday, 8 May 2010

{the kensington palace project}



And here's how I made it! This is the workbook I have to compile for my course, including all the samples and descriptions of how I made the costume. It's taken three times as long as it should have, but it was so much fun to do a bit of scrap-booking and have a break from all the designing we've been doing lately. I'm also in the middle of building a website, so more on that soon!


Patterns blocks...


Samples of the raw fabrics i used. Only six! including what i used on the crown!



These were taken at the college show in february, where we had to present a costume at a wearable stage. As you can see, it was no where near finished, but i'm still quite fond of the simpler, plain linen version. Especially the skeleton crown where you can actually see my spot welding work!


Screen printing the meters and meters of linen...


I altered a pair of vintage white kid gloves, and then embroidered into them with a contrasting grey running stitch.


The shoes were so much fun! i bought a pair of white silk wedding shoes on ebay for £3.50 which were consequently tea-stained, sprayed and glued. The tea didn't really do anything, as i couldn't leave them in for very long with out melting the glue that's holding them together! So i sprayed them, then covered them in distressed metallic organza.



And the final result in the palace gardens...

No comments:

Post a Comment