On i'm on a bit of a roll right now, but I keep finding amazing things I have to share. It's the beauty of taking a break and coming back to find that people have accumulated brilliant posts ready for perusing.
This is the work of Ann Wood - an artist with an eye for resuscitating and reclaiming vintage treasures and these are some photos of her incredible home. The castle above is made from cardboard and the curtain from antique lace pieces pinned to the original linen curtains where Ann could keep track of her collection! It just goes to show that if you surround yourself with only the things you love, you'll create beautiful things you love.
Lace ships roil on old wedding gowns. There's an air of the slightly forgotten yet loved about this place; shadowy corners and lost treasures.
I love the slightly mad, head in the clouds creativity here - especially the ships in the air. It's so simple yet so effective. In case any of you wish to know more, I discovered Ann on the blog Design Sponge.

No comments:
Post a Comment